The University of Mary Washington is one of the very good liberal arts universities in Virginia, United States. Many academically excellent and bright students get good scholarships at the University of Mary Washington.
The University of Mary Washington is a public liberal arts and sciences university located in Fredericksburg, Virginia, United States. It was established in 1908.
UMW is one of the top universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 17th position in Regional Universities South in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty, and core curriculum and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 80 majors and minors across the range of disciplines. UMW’s courses offer depth and promote immersion in an academic field of study.
University of Mary Washington Scholarships
- UMW has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
UMW is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 72%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at the University of Mary Washington.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
University of Mary Washington Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of the students receive need-based aid at UMW.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $6,253.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- UMW writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Action: November 15
For Regular Decision: February 1
Lastly, here is the official link to the University of Mary Washington.