The University of Maine is one of the good public research universities in Maine, United States. Many excellent and deserving students get good scholarships at the University of Maine.
The University of Maine is a public research university based in Orono, Maine, United States. The university was established in 1865 as a land grant college and is the flagship university of the University of Maine System.
UMaine is one of the reputed universities in the United States. In fact, it ranks 181st in the National Universities in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 100 majors programs. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
University of Maine Scholarships
- UMaine has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
UMaine is one of the universities with low selectivity in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 90%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at the University of Maine.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
University of Maine Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of students receive some kind of financial aid at UMaine.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $13,316.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- UMaine writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Lastly, here is the official link to the University of Maine.