The University of Maine at Presque Isle is one of the good public universities in Maine, United States. Many excellent and deserving students get good scholarships at the University of Maine at Presque Isle.
The University of Maine at Presque Isle is a public university based in Presque Isle, Maine, United States. The university was established in 1903 as a land grant college and is the flagship university of the University of Maine System.
UMPI is one of the reputed universities in the United States. In fact, it ranks 49th in the Regional Universities North in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 20 majors programs. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
University of Maine at Presque Isle Scholarships
- UMPI has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
UMPI is one of the universities with low selectivity in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 87%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at the University of Maine at Presque Isle.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
University of Maine at Presque IsleFinancial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of students receive some kind of financial aid at UMPI.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $3,479.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- UMPI writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Lastly, here is the official link to the University of Maine at Presque Isle.