The University of Louisiana at Monroe is one of the very good public universities at Louisiana, United States. Many bright and highly talented students get good scholarships at the University of Louisiana at Monroe.
The University of Louisiana at Monroe is a coeducational public university in Monroe, Louisiana, United States, and part of the University of Louisiana System. The university was established in 1931.
ULM is one of the very good universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in tier 2 of in Regional Universities Midwest in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty, and core curriculum and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 80 majors and minors across the range of disciplines. ULM’s courses offer depth and promote immersion in an academic field of study.
University of Louisiana at Monroe Scholarships
- ULM has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
ULM is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 82%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at the University of Louisiana at Monroe.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
University at Louisiana at Monroe Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of the students receive need-based aid at ULM.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $11,378.
All applicants apply online through the ULM Application Portal. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- ULM writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Regular Decision: Mid-August
Lastly, here is the official link to the University of Louisiana at Monroe.