The University of La Verne is one of the top universities in western California of United States. Many students with bright and creative minds get good scholarships at the University of La Verne.
The University of La Verne is a private university in La Verne, California. It was founded in 1891 as Lordsburg College by members of the Church of the Brethren but later, in 1977 it was named the University of La Verne.
La Verne is one of the reputed universities in California, United States. In fact, it ranks in the 154th position in National Universities in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 60 majors, minors, and pre-professional programs. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
University of La Verne Scholarships
- La Verne has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
La Verne is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 47%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at the University of La Verne.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
University of La Verne Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of students receive some kind of financial aid at La Verne.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $18,298.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- La Verne writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: December 1
Notification: February 1
For Regular Decision: February 1
Notification: April 1
Lastly, here is the official link to University of La Verne.