The University of Idaho is one of the very good universities it the Idaho, United States. Many bright and brilliant students get good scholarships at the University of Idaho.
The University of Idaho is a public university in Moscow, Idaho. It is the state’s land-grant and primary research university. It was established in 1889.
UIdaho is one of the top liberal arts colleges in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 171st position in National Universities South in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty, and core curriculum and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 200 majors and minors across the range of disciplines. UIdaho’s courses offer depth and promote immersion in an academic field of study.
University of Idaho Scholarships
- UIdaho has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
UIdaho is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 75%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at the University of Idaho.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
University of Idaho Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of the students receive need-based aid at UIdaho.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $12,080.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- UIdaho writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Priority Deadlines: December 1
Lastly, here is the official link to the University of Idaho.