The University of Hartford is one of the reputed universities in Connecticut, United States. Many bright and academically excellent students get good scholarships at the University of Hartford.
The University of Hartford is a private, independent, nonsectarian, coeducational university located in West Hartford, Connecticut. It was founded in 1957.
Hartford is one of the top universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 175th position in National Universities in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty, and core curriculum and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 100 majors and minors across the range of disciplines. Hartford’s courses offer depth and promote immersion in an academic field of study.
University of Hartford Scholarships
- Hartford has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Hartford is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 70%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at the University of Hartford.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
University of Hartford Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of the students receive need-based aid at Hartford.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $28,593.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Hartford writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Action: November 15
Lastly, here is the official link to the University of Hartford.