Apply for the Scholarships at the University of Copenhagen in Denmark. The deadline for the application is 30th September 2020. Furthermore, the scholarship is for a Ph.D. degree in the field of Geosciences, Natural Resource Management.
Eligibility for Scholarships at the University of Copenhagen
- Applicants must hold an MSc degree or equivalent. The University will give priority to candidates with a background in one of the following areas: glaciology, hydrology, biogeochemistry, or environmental science.
- Furthermore, fieldwork experience is required, preferably in Arctic environments. Also, practical field experience with advanced equipment for hydrological or greenhouse gas studies is an advantage, in addition to basic knowledge of electronics and programming.
- Additionally, applicants must be fluent in both writing and speaking English to a level sufficiently high for communication and dissemination at an academic level.
Value of Scholarship
- Salary, pension, and terms of employment are in accordance with the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and The Danish Confederation of Professional Associations on Academics in the State.
- Furthermore, depending on seniority, the monthly salary begins around 27,135 DKK /approx. 3,633 EUR (April 2019-level) plus pension.
About the University
The University of Copenhagen (UCPH) is the oldest university and research institution in Denmark. It was founded in 1479 as a studium general. It is the second oldest institution for higher education in Scandinavia after Uppsala University (1477). Additionally, the university has 23,473 undergraduate students, 17,398 postgraduate students, 2,968 doctoral students, and over 9,000 employees.
Visit the official page for more information.