The University of Oklahoma is one of the reputed public universities in Oklahoma, United States. Many bright and brilliant students get good scholarships at the University of Central Oklahoma.
The University of Central Oklahoma, often referred to as UCO or Central, is a coeducational public university located in Edmond, Oklahoma. The university is the third largest in Oklahoma and was founded in 1890.
UCO is one of the top universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 76th position in Regional Universities West in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, UCO collectively offers more than 100 undergraduate degree programs through its various departments. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
University of Central Oklahoma Scholarships
- UCO has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
UCO is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 74%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at the University of Central Oklahoma.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
University of Central Oklahoma Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of the students receive some kind of financial aid at UCO.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $13,546.
All applicants apply online through the UCO Online Application Portal. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- UCO writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Lastly, here is the official link to the University of Central Oklahoma.