Seton Hall University is one of the very good universities in New Jersey, United States. Many bright and brilliant students get good scholarships at Seton Hall University.
Seton Hall University is a private Roman Catholic university in South Orange, New Jersey, United States. It was founded in 1856 by then-Bishop James Roosevelt Bayley and named after his aunt, Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton, Seton Hall is the oldest diocesan university in the United States.
SHU is one of the very good universities in New Jersey, United States. In fact, it ranks in the 124th position in the National Universities in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges.
Likewise, it offers more than 80 majors and minors across the range of disciplines. SHU’s courses offer depth and promote immersion in an academic field of study.
Seton Hall Universities Scholarships
- SHU has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
SHU is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 66%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Seton Hall University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Seton Hall University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of the students receive need-based aid at SHU.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $27,348.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- SHU writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Action: December 15
Lastly, here is the official link to Seton Hall University.