The College of Wooster is one of the top liberal arts colleges in Ohio, United States. Many highly talented and high achieving students get good scholarships at the College of Wooster.
The College of Wooster is a private liberal arts college in Wooster, Ohio. It was first founded in 1866 by the Presbyterian Church as the University of Wooster, it officially has been non-sectarian since 1969.
Wooster is one of the reputed universities in Ohio, United States. In fact, it ranks in 63rd position in National Liberal Arts Colleges in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 50 majors, minors, and personalized courses. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
College of Wooster Scholarships
- Wooster has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Wooster is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 56%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at the College of Wooster.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
College of Wooster Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of students receive some kind of financial aid at Wooster.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $29,269.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Wooster writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision I: November 1
Notification: November 15
For Early Decision II: November 15
Notification: December 31
For Regular Decision: February 22
Notification: April 1
Lastly, here is the official link to the College of Wooster.