The College of the Atlantic is one of the very good liberal arts colleges in Vermont, United States. Many highly talented and motivated students get good scholarships at the College of the Atlantic.
The College of the Atlantic is a private, liberal-arts college in Bar Harbor on Mount Desert Island, Maine, United States. It was first founded in 1969 and awards bachelors and masters degrees solely in the field of human ecology, an interdisciplinary approach to learning.
COA is one of the reputed universities in Maine, United States. In fact, it ranks 2nd in the Regional Colleges West in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers a world-class undergraduate degree in Ecology which gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
College of the Atlantic Scholarships
- COA has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
COA is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 43%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at the College of the Atlantic.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
College of the Atlantic Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- About 80% of the students receive some kind of financial aid at COA.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $23,223.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- COA writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: December 1
Notification: December 15
For Early Decision: January 15
Notification: January 30
For Regular Decision: February 1
Notification: April 1
Lastly, here is the official link to the College of the Atlantic.