The College at Old Westbury is one of the good public colleges in New York, United States. Many bright and brilliant students get good scholarships at the College of Old Westbury.
The State University of New York College at Old Westbury is a public college that is part of the State University of New York system. It was established in 1965.
Old Westbury is one of the top universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 2nd tier in Regional Universities North in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty, and core curriculum and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 45 majors and minors across the range of disciplines. Old Westbury’s courses offer depth and promote immersion in an academic field of study.
College at Old Westbury Scholarships
- Old Westbury has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Old Westbury is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 69%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at the College at Old Westbury.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
College at Old Westbury Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of the students receive need-based aid at Old Westbury.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $7,261.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Old Westbury writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Early Decision: November 15
Regular Decision: February 15
Lastly, here is the official link to the College at Old Westbury.