The College of New Jersey is one of the top public universities in the United States. Many high achieving and highly talented students get good scholarships at the College of New Jersey.
The College of New Jersey is a public university in Ewing, New Jersey. It was established in 1855 as the New Jersey State Normal School. The institution was the first normal school in the state of New Jersey and the fifth in the United States.
TCNJ is one of the reputed universities in New Jersey, United States. In fact, it ranks in the 4th position in Regional Universities North in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 50 majors, minors, and pre-professional programs. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
College of New Jersey Scholarships
- TCNJ has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
TCNJ is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 47%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at the College of New Jersey.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
College of New Jersey Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of students receive some kind of financial aid at TCNJ.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $5,469.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- TCNJ writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: November 1
Notification: Late December
For Regular Decision: January 1
Notification: April 1
Lastly, here is the official link to the College of New Jersey.