The College of Holy Cross is one of the top liberal arts colleges in the United States. Many talented and high achieving students get good scholarships at the College of Holy Cross.
The College of the Holy Cross or better known simply as Holy Cross is a private Jesuit liberal arts college in Worcester, Massachusetts. Founded in 1843, Holy Cross is the oldest Catholic college in New England and one of the oldest in the United States.
Holy Cross is one of the best liberal arts college in the United States. In fact, it ranks in 33rd position in National Liberal Arts Colleges in 2018 edition of Best Colleges.
Likewise, Holy cross has one of the best curriculums and faculties and offers nearly 30 majors, 20 minors and several other concentrations across a range of disciplines. This enables students to specialize in practically anything, from accounting to theatre and everything in between.
Holy Cross Scholarships
- Holy Cross has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- Despite that, it meets the full demonstrated need of all the admitted students.
Holy Cross is one of the most selective private universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of only 38%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at the College of Holy Cross.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Holy Cross Financial Aid Details
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- However, it meets full demonstrated financial need of the admitted students through grants, work-study, and loans.
- Holy Cross has the financial aid budget of over $35 million.
- About 56% of the incoming freshmen receive some kind of financial assistance.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $32,403.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Holy Cross writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Action: December 15
For Regular Decision: January 15
Notification: Late March
Lastly, here is the official link to the College of Holy Cross.