Texas Christian University is one of the reputed university in the state of Texas. Many highly talented and high achieving students get good scholarships at Texas Christian University.
Texas Christian University is a private Christian-based, coeducational university in Fort Worth, Texas. It was established in 1873 by brothers Addison and Randolph Clark as the Add-Ran Male & Female College.
TCU is one of the top universities in the midwest, in fact, it ranks in the 71st position in National Universities in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty, rigorous academics, and core value.
Likewise, it offers more than 115 majors in academic fields of sciences, social sciences, arts, humanities, business, and engineering.
Texas Christian University Scholarships
- TCU has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
- It offers scholarships on the basis of academic excellence of the applicants.
TCU is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 37%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Texas Christian University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Texas Christian University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- About 65% of the students receive need-based aid.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $22,357.
All applicants apply online through the Frogmail Application Portal. The application portal guides students through the application process.
For details, visit the TCU admission page.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- TCU writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: November 1
Notification: Mid December
For Regular Decision: February 1
Notification: April 1
Lastly, here is the official link to Texas Christian University.