Stony Brook University is an internationally recognized public university in New York, United States. Many bright and brilliant students get good scholarships at Stony Brook University.
The State University of New York at Stony Brook commonly referred to as Stony Brook University and also known as SUNY Stony Brook is a public sea-grant and space-grant research university in Stony Brook, New York. It is one of four university centers of the State University of New York system.
Stony Brook is one of the top public research universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 91st position in National Universities in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty, advanced research facility, and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 105 majors, minors and several concentrations across various range of academic degrees. This enables students to specialize in practically anything, from accounting to theatre and everything in between.
Stony Brook University Scholarships
- Stony Brook has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Stony Brook is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 40%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at the Stony Brook University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Stony Brook University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- About 48% of the students receive need-based aid at Stony Brook.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $9,740.
- In the case of international students, financial aid is available in the form of loans only.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application, Coalition Application, and the SUNY Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Stony Brook writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Regular Decision: January 15
Notification: April 1
Lastly, here is the official link to Stony Brook University.