Stevens Institute of Technology is one of the top universities on the east coast of the United States. Many academically excellent and highly talented students get good scholarships at Stevens Institute of Technology.
Stevens Institute of Technology is a private, coeducational research university in Hoboken, New Jersey. Incorporated in 1870, it is one of the oldest technological universities in the United States and was the first college in America solely dedicated to mechanical engineering.
Stevens is one of the reputed universities in Hoboken, New Jersey. In fact, it ranks in the 69th position in National Universities in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 45 majors, minors, and pre-professional programs. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
Stevens Institute of Technology Scholarships
- Stevens has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Stevens is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 38%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Stevens Institute of Technology.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Stevens Institute of Technology Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- About 90% of students receive some kind of financial aid at Stevens.
- Stevens provides around $60 million in the financial assistance to its students.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $31,303.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Stevens writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: November 15
Notification: Lates December
For Regular Decision: January 15
Notification: April 1
Lastly, here is the official link to Stevens Institute of Technology.