St. Lawrence University is one of the top liberal arts college in New York, United States. Many high achieving and highly talented students get good scholarships at St. Lawrence University.
St. Lawrence University is a private, four-year liberal arts college in the village of Canton in St. Lawrence County, New York, United States. Further, the university was first established in the late 19th century.
St. Lawrence is one of the top liberal arts universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 58th position in National Liberal Arts Colleges in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers a respected undergraduate degree with concentrations in Environmental Studies, Humanities, International Studies, and Social Sciences.
St. Lawrence University Scholarships
- St. Lawrence has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
St. Lawrence is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 37%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at the St. Lawrence University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Also, applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
St. Lawrence University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- About 69% of the students receive need-based aid.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $22,457.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- St. Lawrence writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: November 1
Notification: Mid December
For Regular Decision: February 1
Lastly, here is the official link to St. Lawrence University.