Southern Arkansas University is one of the very good university in Arkansas, United States. Many bright and brilliant students get good scholarships at Southern Arkansas University.
Southern Arkansas University is a public four-year institution located in Magnolia, Arkansas, in Columbia County, Arkansas, situated less than 20 miles north of the Louisiana state line. It was founded in 1909.
SAU is one of the top liberal arts colleges in the United States, in fact, it ranks in tier 2 of Regional Universities North in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty, and core curriculum and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 80 majors and minors across the range of disciplines. SAU’s courses offer depth and promote immersion in an academic field of study.
Southern Arkansas University Scholarships
- SAU has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
SAU is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 67%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Southern Arkansas University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Southern Arkansas University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of the students receive need-based aid at SAU.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $12,475.
All applicants apply online through the SAU Application Portal. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- SAU writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Regular Decision: August 1
Lastly, here is the official link to Southern Arkansas University.