The Soka University of America is one of the top liberal arts colleges in the United States. Many top and brilliant students get good scholarships at the Soka University of America.
The Soka University of Americais a four-year liberal arts university located in Aliso Viejo, California, the United States. It is a sister school of the Soka University of Japan and was established in 2001.
Soka is one of the top liberal arts universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 38th position in National Liberal Arts Colleges in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers a respected undergraduate degree with concentrations in Environmental Studies, Humanities, International Studies, and Social Sciences.
Soka University Scholarships
- Soka has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Soka is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 37%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at the Soka University of America.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Soka University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- About 89% of the students receive need-based aid.
- Soka awards approximately $14.1 million in total grants and scholarships from all sources awarded to undergraduate students.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $24,340.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Soka writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- IERF Evaluation Form
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: November 1
Notification: Mid December
For Regular Decision: January 1
Notification: April 1
Lastly, here is the official link to Soka University of America.