Sarah Lawrence College is one of the reputed liberal arts colleges in New York. Few bright and highly talented students get good scholarships at Sarah Lawrence College.
Sarah Lawrence College is a private liberal arts college in Yonkers, New York. It was founded in 1926 by then real-estate mogul William Van Duzer Lawrence in remembrance of his wife Sarah Lawrence.
SLC is one of the top liberal arts colleges in New York, United States. In fact, it ranks in the 52nd position in National Liberal Arts Colleges in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its low student-to-faculty ratio and highly individualized course of study.
Likewise, it offers more than 35 majors covering the areas of natural sciences, social sciences, arts, and humanities.
Sarah Lawrence College Scholarships
- SLC has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
SLC is one of the decently selective universities in New York. It has an acceptance rate of 51%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at the Sarah Lawrence College.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Sarah Lawrence College Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- About 60% of the students receive need-based aid at SLC.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $34,159.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- SLC writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: November 1
Notification: Mid December
For Regular Decision: January 15
Notification: April 1
Lastly, here is the official link to Sarah Lawrence College.