Santa Clara University is one of the reputed universities in west coast California, United States. Few highly talented students get good scholarships at Santa Clara University.
Santa Clara University is a private Jesuit university in Santa Clara, California. It was first founded in 1851 and it is the oldest operating institution of higher learning in California and the west coast of the United States.
SCU is one of the top universities in the west coast, in fact, it ranks in the 2nd position in Regional Universities West in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty, rigorous academics, and core value.
Likewise, it offers more than 50 majors in academic fields of sciences, social sciences, arts, humanities, business, and engineering.
Santa Clara University Scholarships
- Santa has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
- It offers scholarships on the basis of academic excellence of the applicants.
SCU is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 47%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Santa Clara University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Santa Clara University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- About 65% of the students receive need-based aid.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $23,427.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- SCU writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: November 1
Notification: Mid December
For Regular Decision: January 7
Notification: April 1
Lastly, here is the official link to Santa Clara University.