Saint Peter’s University is one of the very good private Jesuit universities in New Jersey, United States. Many bright and brilliant students get good scholarships at Saint Peter’s University.
Saint Peter’s University is a private Jesuit university in Jersey City, New Jersey, United States. It was founded as Saint Peter’s College in 1872 by the Society of Jesus.
SPU is one of the top universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 97th position in Regional Universities North in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty, and core curriculum and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 80 majors and minors across the range of disciplines. SPU’s courses offer depth and promote immersion in an academic field of study.
Saint Peter’s University Scholarships
- SPU has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
SPU is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 65%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Saint Peter’s University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Saint Peter’s University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of the students receive need-based aid at SPU.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $22,000.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- SPU writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Action: December 15
Lastly, here is the official link to Saint Peter’s University.