Saint Michael’s College is one of the very reputed private catholic universities in Vermont, United States. Many bright and deserving students get good scholarships at Saint Michael’s College.
Saint Michael’s College is a private, Roman Catholic, liberal arts college in Colchester, Vermont. The college was founded in 1904 by the Society of Saint Edmund.
SMC is one of the top universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 106th position in National Liberal Arts Colleges in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty, and core curriculum and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 40 majors and minors across the range of disciplines. SMC’s courses offer depth and promote immersion in an academic field of study.
Saint Michael’s College Scholarships
- SMC has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
SMC is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 75%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Saint Michael’s College.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Saint Michael’s College Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of the students receive need-based aid at SMC.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $34,680.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- SMC writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Action: November 1
For Regular Decision: February 1
Lastly, here is the official link to Saint Michael’s University.