St Cloud State University is one of the good public universities in Minnesota, United States. Many academically talented and bright students get good scholarships at St Cloud State University.
St Cloud State University is a public university in St. Cloud, Minnesota. It was founded in 1869. This university is one of the largest schools in the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system.
SCSU is one of the top public university in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 116th position in Regional Universities Midwest in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty, and core curriculum and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 200 majors and minors across the range of disciplines. SCSU’s courses offer depth and promote immersion in an academic field of study.
St Cloud State University Scholarships
- SCSU has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
SCSU is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 85%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at St Cloud State University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
St Cloud State University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of the students receive need-based aid at SCSU.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $9,331.
All applicants apply online through the SCSU Application Portal. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- SCSU writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Lastly, here is the official link to St Cloud State University.