Roger Williams University is one of the very good private liberal arts universities in Rhode Island, United States. Many high achieving and talented students get good scholarships at Roger Williams University.
Roger Williams University is a private liberal arts university in Bristol, Rhode Island, United States. It was founded in 1956 and was named for theologian and Rhode Island co-founder Roger Williams.
RWU is one of the top universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 37th position in Regional Universities North in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, RWU collectively offers more than 45 undergraduate degree programs through its various departments. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
Roger Williams University Scholarships
- RWU has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
RWU is one of the moderately selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 78%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Roger Williams University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Roger Williams University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of the students receive some kind of financial aid at RWU.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $12,562.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- RWU writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: November 15
For Regular Decision: March 1
Lastly, here is the official link to Roger Williams University.