Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute is one of the top research universities in New York, USA. Many bright and brilliant students get good scholarships at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, or RPI, is a private research university and space-grant institution in Troy, New York, with additional campuses in Hartford and Groton, Connecticut.
RPI is one of the best private research university in the United States. In fact, it ranks in the 42nd position in National Universities in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges.
Likewise, RPI has one of the best curriculums and faculties and offers more than 40 majors, minors and concentrations across disciplines ranging from engineering to management.
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute Scholarships
- RPI has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it does not meet the full demonstrated need of all the admitted students.
RPI is one of the selective private universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 49%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute Financial Aid Details
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, it does not meet full demonstrated financial need of the admitted students.
- RPI has the financial aid budget of over $102 million.
- About 89% of the incoming freshmen receive some kind of financial assistance.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $37,012.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- RPI writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Action: November 1
Notification: Mid December
For Regular Decision: January 15
Notification: Late March
Lastly, here is the official link to Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.