Pittsburg State University is one of the good public universities in Kansas, United States. Many academically talented and brilliant students get good scholarships at Pittsburg State University.
Pittsburg State University is a public university in Pittsburg, Kansas, United States. This public university was founded on March 6, 1906.
PSU is one of the reputed universities in Kansas, United States. In fact, it ranks 83rd in the Regional Colleges Midwest in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 40 majors programs. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
Pittsburg State University Scholarships
- Pittsburg has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Pittsburg is one of the universities with low selectivity in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 86%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Pittsburg State University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Pittsburg State University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of students receive some kind of financial aid at Pittsburg.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $6,828.
All applicants apply online through the PSU Application Portal. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Pittsburg writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Lastly, here is the official link to Pittsburg State University.