Applications have opened for the Scholarships at Pittsburg State University in the USA. The University is offering the scholarships for undergraduate students in the field of Music. Interested candidates can apply until 21st February 2020.
- The qualified students can audition for scholarships on all wind, brass, percussion, woodwind, string and keyboard instruments, and voice.
- Additionally, the Department of Music at Pittsburg State University is an accredited member of NASM, the National Association of Schools of Music.
- Also, the department averages 100 music majors and 40 minors, and 200 non-music majors per semester.
- Furthermore, the cultural life of Pittsburg State University and the area which it serves is enriched by the many musical performances presented by the Department of Music faculty recitals, student recitals, chamber music concerts, concerts by their large ensembles, opera productions and the Solo and Chamber Music Series.
For the Scholarships at Pittsburg State University
- The candidates must be a current or upcoming student of the Department of Music.
- The University will provide the awards on the basis of the individual’s performance ability and the need for various areas of expertise within the department.
About the University
- Pittsburg State University is a public university in Pittsburg, Kansas, United States. It enrolls approximately 7,400 students and is a member of the Kansas Board of Regents.
- Additionally, Pittsburg State University was founded in 1903 as the Auxiliary Manual Training Normal School, originally a branch of the State Normal School of Emporia.
- Moreover, in 1913, it became a full-fledged four-year institution as Kansas State Teachers College of Pittsburg, or Pittsburg State for short.
- Also, over the next four decades, its mission broadened beyond teacher training.
- Furthermore, to reflect this, in 1959 its name changed again to Kansas State College of Pittsburg.
- Similarly, it became Pittsburg State University on April 21, 1977
Visit the official website for additional details.