Oklahoma City University is one of the good private universities in Oklahoma, United States. Many academically excellent and talented students get good scholarships at Oklahoma City University.
Oklahoma City University is a private university historically affiliated with the United Methodist Church in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States. It was founded in 1904.
OKCU is one of the top universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 2nd tier in Regional Universities Midwest in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, OKCU collectively offers more than 70 undergraduate major and minor programs through its various departments. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
Oklahoma City University Scholarships
- OKCU has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
OKCU is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 71%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Oklahoma City University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Oklahoma City University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of students receive some kind of financial aid at OKCU.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $19,716.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- OKCU writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Action I: November 1
For Early Action II: February 1
And, for Regular Decision: June 1
Lastly, here is the official link to Oklahoma City University.