Northeastern State University is one of the good public universities in Oklahoma, United States. Many bright and brilliant students get good scholarships at Northeastern State University.
Northeastern State University is a public university with its main campus in Tahlequah, Oklahoma. The university also has two other campuses in Muskogee and Broken Arrow. The university was founded in 1978.
NSU is one of the reputed universities in Oklahoma, United States. In fact, it ranks 116th in the Regional Colleges West in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 50 majors programs. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
Northeastern State University Scholarships
- NSU has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
NSU is one of the universities with low selectivity in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 95%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Northeastern State University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Northeastern State University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of students receive some kind of financial aid at NSU.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $9,563.
All applicants apply online through the NSU Application Portal. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- NSU writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Lastly, here is the official link to Northeastern State University.