New York University is one of the best universities in the United States. Many bright and brilliant students get very good scholarships at New York University.
New York University is a private research university in New York, New York. But now it has campuses and locations throughout the world. It was first founded in 1831, NYU’s historical campus is in Greenwich Village, New York City.
NYU is one of the top universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 30th position in National Universities in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more about 400 majors, minors, and pre-professional programs. NYU’s education makes its students a global citizen and prepares them for a better future.
New York University Scholarships
- NYU has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
- However, all the applicants are automatically considered for the academic (merit-based) scholarship which requires no separate application.
NYU is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 31%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at New York University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
New York University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of students at NYU receive some kind of financial aid.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $30,652.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- NYU writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: November 1
Notification: Mid December
For Regular Decision: January 1
Notification: April 1
Lastly, here is the official link to New York University.