New York Institute of Technology is one of the very good private research universities in New York, United States. Many bright and brilliant students get good scholarships at New York Institute of Technology.
New York Institute of Technology is a private doctoral research university with two main campuses in New York, one in Old Westbury and one in Manhattan. It was established in 1955.
NYIT is one of the top universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 47th position in Regional Universities North in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty, and core curriculum and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 40 majors and minors across the range of disciplines. NYIT’s courses offer depth and promote immersion in an academic field of study.
New York Institute of Technology Scholarships
- NYIT has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
NYIT is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 72%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at the New York Institute of Technology.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Seattle University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of the students receive need-based aid at NYIT.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $21,427.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- NYIT writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Lastly, here is the official link to the New York Institute of Technology.