New Jersey Institute of Technology is one of the reputed public research University in New Jersey, United States. Many academically excellent and talented students get good scholarships at New Jersey Institute of Technology.
The New Jersey Institute of Technology is a public research university in Newark, New Jersey. It was founded in 1881 with the support of local industrialists and inventors especially Edward Weston.
NJIT is one of the reputed universities in New Jersey, United States. In fact, it ranks in the 104th in National Universities in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 50 majors, minors, and several certificates. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
New Jersey Institute of Technology Scholarships
- NJIT has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
NJIT is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 58%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at New Jersey Institute of Technology.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
New Jersey Institute of Technology Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of students receive some kind of financial aid at NJIT.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $16,356.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- NJIT writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Early Action I: November 15
Early Action II: December 15
Honors College: February
Rolling Admission: March 1
Lastly, here is the official link to New Jersey Institute of Technology.