New College of Florida is one of the very good private liberal arts colleges in Florida, United States. Many bright and high achieving students get good scholarships at New College of Florida.
New College of Florida is a public liberal arts honors college in Sarasota, Florida. It was founded as a private institution in 1960 and is now an autonomous college of the State University System of Florida.
NCF is one of the top universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 101st position in National Universities in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, NCF collectively offers more than 35 undergraduate degree programs through its various departments. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
New College of Florida Scholarships
- NCF has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
NCF is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 70%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at New College of Florida.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
New College of Florida Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of the students receive some kind of financial aid at NCF.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $10,732.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- NCF writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: November 1
For Regular Decision: April 15
Lastly, here is the official link to New College of Florida.