Nebraska Wesleyan University is one of the very good private Methodist universities in Nebraska, United States. Many academically excellent and talented students get good scholarships at Nebraska Wesleyan University.
Nebraska Wesleyan University(NWU) is a private Methodist university in Lincoln, Nebraska. It was founded in 1887 by Nebraska Methodists.
NWU is one of the top universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 16th position in Regional Universities Midwest in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty, and core curriculum and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 120 majors and minors across the range of disciplines. NWU’s courses offer depth and promote immersion in an academic field of study.
Nebraska Wesleyan University Scholarships
- NWU has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
NWU is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 72%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Nebraska Wesleyan University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Nebraska Wesleyan University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of the students receive need-based aid at NWU.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $19,856.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- NWU writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Action: December 1
Lastly, here is the official link to Nebraska Wesleyan University.