North Carolina State University is one of the reputed universities in North Carolina, United States. Many academically excellent and very bright students get good scholarships at NC State University.
North Carolina State University is a public research university in Raleigh, North Carolina. It is part of the University of North Carolina system and is a land-, sea-, and space-grant institution.
NC State is one of the top universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 81st position in National Universities in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, NC State’s colleges collectively offer more than 300 undergraduate and graduate degree programs through 65 departments. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
NC State Scholarships
- NC State has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
NC State is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 47%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at NC State University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
NC State Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $13,543.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- NC State writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: October 15
Notification: Mid December
For Regular Decision: January 15
Notification: Late March
Lastly, here is the official link to North Carolina State University.