Mount Saint Mary College is one of the good private liberal arts colleges in New York, United States. Many academically excellent and bright students get good scholarships at Mount Saint Mary College.
Mount Saint Mary College is a private liberal arts college in Newburgh, New York, United States. It was founded in 1960 by the Dominican Sisters.
MSMC is one of the top universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 127th position in Regional Universities North in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty, and core curriculum and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 40 majors and minors across the range of disciplines. MSMC’s courses offer depth and promote immersion in an academic field of study.
Mount Saint Mary College Scholarships
- MSMC has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
MSMC is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 89%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Mount Saint Mary College.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Mount Saint Mary College Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of the students receive need-based aid at MSMC.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $11,412.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- MSMC writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Lastly, here is the official link to Mount Saint Mary College.