Mount Holyoke College is one of the reputed liberal arts colleges in Massachusetts, United States. Many highly talented and motivated students get good scholarships at Mount Holyoke College.
Mount Holyoke College is a private women’s liberal arts college in South Hadley, Massachusetts. It was founded in 1837 and is the oldest institution within the Seven Sisters schools.
MHC is one of the reputed colleges in Massachusetts, United States. In fact, it ranks in the 36th position in National Liberal Arts Colleges in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 85 majors, minors, and several certificates. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
Mount Holyoke College Scholarships
- MHC has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
MHC is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 52%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Mount Holyoke College.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Mount Holyoke College Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of students receive some kind of financial aid at MHC.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $29,252.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- MHC writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Early Decision: November 15
Notification: Late December
Regular Decision: January 15
Lastly, here is the official link to Mount Holyoke College.