Missouri State University is one of the very good public research universities in Missouri, United States. Many bright and brilliant students get good scholarships at Missouri State University.
Missouri State University, formerly Southwest Missouri State University, is a public university in Springfield, Missouri. The university was established in 1905.
MSU is one of the top universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 106th position in Regional Universities Midwest in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, MSU collectively offers more than 160 undergraduate degree programs through its various departments. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
Missouri State University Scholarships
- MSU has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
MSU is one of the moderately selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 82%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Missouri State University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Missouri State University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of the students receive some kind of financial aid at MSU.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $10,748.
All applicants apply online through the MSU Application Portal. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- MSU writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Regular Decision: January 1
Lastly, here is the official link to Missouri State University.