Mississippi State University is one of the reputed public universities in Mississippi, United States. Many bright and brilliant students get good scholarships at Mississippi State University.
Mississippi State University is a public land-grant research university adjacent to Starkville, Mississippi. The university began as The Agricultural and Mechanical College of the State of Mississippi (or Mississippi A&M), one of the national land-grant colleges established in 1862.
MSU is one of the reputed universities in Mississippi, United States. In fact, it ranks in the 171st position in National Universities in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 175 majors, minors, and several certificates. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
Mississppi State University Scholarships
- MSU has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
MSU is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 56%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Mississippi State University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Mississippi State University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of students receive some kind of financial aid at MSU.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $17,203.
All applicants apply online through the MSU Application Portal. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- MSU writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Rolling Admission: May 15
Lastly, here is the official link to Mississppi State University.