Midwestern State University is one of the very good public universities in Texas, United States. Many bright and academically excellent students get good scholarships at Midwestern State University.
Midwestern State University is a public university in Wichita Falls, Texas, United States. The university was established in 1922.
MSU is one of the top universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 71st position in National Universities West in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty, and core curriculum and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 50 majors and minors across the range of disciplines. MSU’s courses offer depth and promote immersion in an academic field of study.
Midwestern State University Scholarships
- MSU has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
MSU is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 72%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Midwestern State University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Midwestern State University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of the students receive need-based aid at MSU.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $20,277.
All applicants apply online through the ApplyTexas Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- MSU writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Lastly, here is the official link to Midwestern State University.