Maryland Institute College of Arts is one of the leading colleges in the visual arts sector in the United States. Many highly talented and brilliant students get good scholarships at Maryland Institute College of Arts.
The Maryland Institute College of Art is a private art and design college in Baltimore, Maryland. It was founded in 1826 as the Maryland Institute for the Promotion of the Mechanic Arts, making it one of the oldest art colleges in the United States.
MICA is one of the best private art and design college in the United States. In fact, it ranks in the 17th position in Best Colleges for Arts published by Niche.
Likewise, MICA has one of the best curriculums and faculties and offers more than 20 majors, minors and concentrations in the field of arts and design.
- MICA has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it does not meet the full demonstrated need of all the admitted students.
MICA is one of the selective private universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 52%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Maryland Institute College of Arts.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
MICA Financial Aid Details
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, it does not meet full demonstrated financial need of the admitted students.
- Most of the incoming freshmen receive some kind of financial assistance.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $5,683.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- MICA art supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: November 1
Notification: Mid December
For Early Decision: December 1
Notification: Late January
For Regular Decision: February 1
Notification: Late March
Lastly, here is the official link to Maryland Institute College of Art.