Indiana University Bloomington is one of the very good public research universities in Indiana, United States. Many bright and brilliant students get good scholarships at Indiana University Bloomington.
Indiana University Bloomington is a public research university in Bloomington, Indiana. It is the flagship institution of the Indiana University system and was established in 1820.
IUB is one of the top universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 79th position in National Universities in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty, and core curriculum and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 200 majors and minors across the range of disciplines. IUB’s courses offer depth and promote immersion in an academic field of study.
Indiana University Bloomington Scholarships
- IUB has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
IUB is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 78%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Indiana University Bloomington.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Indiana University Bloomington Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of the students receive need-based aid at IUB.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was 17,486.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- IUB writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Action: November 1
For Regular Decision: February 1
Lastly, here is the official link to Indiana University Bloomington.