Illinois Wesleyan University is one of the reputed liberal arts universities in Illinois, United States. many high achieving and talented students get good scholarships at Illinois Wesleyan University.
Illinois Wesleyan University is an independent, exclusively undergraduate liberal arts college in Bloomington, Illinois. It was founded in 1850, the central portion of the present campus was acquired in 1854 with the first building erected in 1856.
IWU is one of the reputed universities in Illinois, United States. In fact, it ranks in the 71st position in the National Liberal Arts Colleges in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 80 majors, minors, and several certificates. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
Illinois Wesleyan University Scholarships
- IWU has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
IWU is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 57%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Illinois Wesleyan University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Illinois Wesleyan University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of students receive some kind of financial aid at IWU.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $31,325.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- IWU writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Early Action: November 15
Lastly, here is the official link to Illinois Wesleyan University.