Illinois Institute of technology is one of the top research universities in Illinois, United States. Many bright and brilliant students get good scholarships at Illinois Institute of Technology.
Illinois Institute of Technology is a private research university in Chicago, Illinois. It was established from the merger in 1940 of Armour Institute and Lewis Institute.
IIT is one of the reputed universities in Illinois, United States. In fact, it ranks in the 103rd in National Universities in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 40 majors, minors, and several certificates. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
Illinois Institute of Technology Scholarships
- IIT has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
IIT is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 57%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Illinois Institute of Technology.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Illinois Institute of Technology Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of students receive some kind of financial aid at IIT.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $36,205.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- IIT writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Lastly, here is the official link to Illinois Institute of technology.