Idaho State University is one of the very good public universities in Idaho, United States. many bright and academically talented students get good scholarships at Idaho State University.
Idaho State University is a public research university in Pocatello, Idaho. It was founded 118 years ago in 1901 as the Academy of Idaho but after a few years, it became Idaho State University.
ISU is one of the top universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 188th position in National Universities in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty, and core curriculum and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 150 majors and minors across the range of disciplines. ISU’s courses offer depth and promote immersion in an academic field of study.
Idaho State University Scholarships
- ISU has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
ISU is one of the universities with very low selectivity in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 95%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Idaho State University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Idaho State University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of the students receive need-based aid at ISU.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $8,385.
All applicants apply online through the ISU Application Portal. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- ISU writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Lastly, here is the official link to Idaho State University.