Holy Names University is one of the top universities in the state of California. many highly talented and high achieving students get good scholarships at Holy Names University.
Holy Names Universityis a private, Roman Catholic university in Oakland, California. It was founded in 1868 by and remains affiliated with the Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary.
HNU is one of the top private university in California, USA. In fact, it ranks in the 55th position in Regional Universities West in 2018 edition of Best Colleges.
Likewise, HNU has one of the best curriculums and faculties and offers more than 30 majors, minors and concentrations across a range of disciplines.
Holy Names University Scholarships
- HNU has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it does not meet the full demonstrated need of all the admitted students.
HNU is one of the selective private universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 48%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarship opportunity at Holy Names University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Holy Names University Financial Aid Details
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, it does not meet full demonstrated financial need of the admitted students.
- About 52% of the incoming freshmen receive some kind of financial assistance.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $23,028.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- HNU writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Rolling Admission: October 1 to August 1
Lastly, here is the official link to Holy Names University.