High Point University is one of the very good private liberal arts universities in North Carolina, United States. Many bright and brilliant students get good scholarships at High Point University.
High Point University is a private liberal arts university in High Point, North Carolina. It is affiliated with the United Methodist Church and was founded as High Point College in 1924. Later, it became High Point University in October 1991.
HPU is one of the top universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 1st position in Regional Universities South in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, HPU collectively offers more than 60 undergraduate major and minor programs through its various departments. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
High Point University Scholarships
- HPU has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
HPU is one of the moderately selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 78%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at High Point University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
High Point University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of students receive some kind of financial aid at HPU.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $5,621.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- HPU writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Lastly, here is the official link to High Point University.